Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
Prophet, Seer and Revelator

Saturday, July 14, 2012

During the first few weeks of John’s return, he spent many hours with the Prophet and the apostles. The Joseph Smith designated John to write letters and redress the wrongs done to the Saints in Missouri.


John was not only close to the Prophet in civic and Church matters, but the Smith and Taylor families spent time together socially with other apostles and their wives. The Prophet Joseph recorded in his journal, January 1, 1844, “A large party took a New Year’s supper at my house, and had music and dancing till morning. I was in my private room with my family, Elder John Taylor and other friends.” February 6, 1844, the Prophet said, “I spent the evening with my brother, Hyrum, Sidney Rigdon, and the Twelve Apostles and their wives at Elder John Taylor’s.”

No comments:

Post a Comment